Sunday, October 7, 2007

Let Your Subject Lie Down

Take a different angle. Request your subject to lie down, be it on grass, on the table, on the ground, (in this case, on the railroad), and you'll be amazed you'll get interesting perspectives. This also makes the subject comfortable, ( I can hear you holler what's comfortable lying down on a railroad?!) believe me it was, at some point. Until two minutes later, the pretty Z. and I were both running away from the appraoching train. I've been using this simple trick, and it works all the time. Above photo is one of the Editor's choices, in UK's Digital Camera Magazine.

Lovely model Kharu (a Miss Avon pageant winner), laid down gracefully on this floor. I took this picture during a photoshoot with a friend who happens to be master photographer, Manny Librodo who I so admire. Manny told Kharu to lie down. *Light bulb flashed in my head*, from then on I tell my subjects to try lying down.


Even more stunning when model Mallory relaxed her back on the floor in this photo.


This tip works as good when photographing, kids or couples. In here, I let Scott and Janet lie down and look what I've got, a relaxed couple in an intimate moment. I get good reactions from wedding clients when they see this picture in print. I added the radial blur during editing to create atmosphere.
Likewise, this tip is also effective the other way around. (Photo of me on my back) Fair enough!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some thought-provoking photos there! Especially the ones in your header!

Anonymous said...

your photos are amazing! =)
ngayon ko lang nakita tong blog mo. hehe. keep shooting! you're an inspiration to us all. =)

Rey Tuazon said...

Hi Phoebe,

This is Rey...

Very impressed! You really have that talent...not just in taking photographs but also post processing your photos...thank you for your tips last time. I already picked up from being a "Photoshop for dummies"...hahahaha!

http://masteroppuppets.multiply.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Phoebe,

you've got an amazing talent... ill be constantly checking this blog for tips..

ill be adding you to my blog roll to hope you don't mind.

Dave